Saturday, October 11, 2008

I love Halloween!

In the last few years I've really "gotten into" Halloween. I don't know why but I think has something to do with kids. I love the costumes and the decorations and the candy!
When Ben was two I had my first Toddler Halloween Party. In getting ready for that party I acquired all sorts of Halloween decorations. It was then decided that I would have to have a party every year just to get enough use out of my decorations! Last year I recall I purchased more Halloween decor in an after season sale. I think I purchased some nice glass plates for 75% off regular price. I guess I was channeling my Dad in that purchase. Although I still can't claim to be as thrifty as him I do still manage to find my own good deals. I do try to get Mike to buy me Valentines flowers on February 15th. My Dad is known for finding the good deals and he is famous for always buying my Mom her Valentine's Chocolates on February 15th. Growing up he would always tell us kids that if we wanted to wait and celebrate Christmas a week after the real Christmas we would get twice the loot for the same amount of money. You have to love that!

I'm getting ready for our third annual Halloween Party on November 1st, 2008. If you didn't get an invite via email consider yourself invited now! I ordered some paper invitations last night and will begin to hand them out and I also sent out an evite but I don't have everyone's email address either. Costumes are encouraged and you should bring a pumpkin to decorate. Party is on Saturday November 1st from 3 - 8pm.



No comments: