Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Haunted Gingerbread House

Ben and I had a lot of fun putting together this haunted gingerbread house. The kit we bought from Target made it a great project for a 4 year old. Emily really wanted to help but we distracted her by letting her play with a bowl of orange candy jimmys (all of which ended up on the floor of course).

I'm not sure the haunted house will last until Halloween but we had a good time putting it together anyway. Ben is very proud of it.

On another note my second day of my new job was GREAT! I think maybe the two scary meetings I was in yesterday were anomalies! The 4 hour meeting on my calendar ended up only being a 1 hour meeting and the department meeting this afternoon was great. I was able to see and meet everyone in my department group and we even played some fun games it was honestly one of the best meetings of that sort that that I have ever been to. Yesterday, I was a bit overwhelmed by all the TLA's (Three Letter Acronyms) that Best Buy uses and after hearing that comment my boss decided to make a game of it. Everyone had to write an acronym on the board and say what it meant every time you got one you received a casual day sticker. We just kept going round and round the room until no one had any acronyms left! It was great as I was able to make a 2 page list of acronyms and I ended up with 8 or so casual day stickers! The funny part of the whole thing is that I was given the wrong meaning for two of the acronyms from yesterday and that is why I was having such a hard time understanding them. I will try and explain but it will probably bore you to death as the acronyms are EMAC and MAC. Yesterday, I was told the M stood for Markup when it really stands for Moving. I was having difficulties figuring out the difference between EMAC and MAC as I thought the MAC was the one that included the markup and EMAC was just the Enterprise Markup Average Cost but was basically just average cost of the units with no markup. But I couldn't figure out if it didn't include markup why the word markup would be in the acronym. Turns out I was correct in what EMAC and MAC really were and I was correct in being confused as the M was really for Moving and not Markup. So really we didn't need the game as most my frustration with acronyms came from that but it was still a fun game and I did learn that Best Buy has a lot of TLAs!

2 comments:

Chip said...

Sounds like "The Office" to me. Thankfully I work in Higher Ed :)

Chip said...

Sounds like "The Office" to me! From Rachel