Monday, August 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandmas!



This past weekend we celebrated both of the Grandma's birthdays. My Mom, Grandma Noltner's birthday is August 2nd and Mike's Mom, Grandma Dockerty's birthday is August 3rd!



On Saturday Ben and Emily celebrated Grandma Noltner's 55th birthday at the farm with friends and family they had a dinner at the farm complete with a corn boil and chocolate cake. Not one of the Noltner siblings were present for the party but two of the grandchildren were there to represent us all! One of the Noltner siblings completely forgot it was his Mom's birthday but we won't mention any names. And since I wasn't there there is not one photo to show that the event even happened so you have to use your imagination. We arrived in Madison late Thursday night. First thing Friday morning I took the kids to Scott's Pastry to purchase my all time favorite doughnut in the world the Chocolate Bismark or what I like to call the chocolate cream filled doughnut. The kids set their eyes on giant brightly colored sugar cookies. So despite the fact that it was 9am I let them each pick out a cookie, Emily a nice white flower and Ben a GIANT sail boat.

Note that Ben is still wearing his PJ's as I managed to forget his suitcase at home so we were actually en route to Target to purchase some clothes for him.


I would also like to Thank the nice man that came over to our car while I was taking photos of the kids eating their cookies. He was well dressed in a business suit on his way to the office and came over to say that he thought it was great that I was letting my kids eat giant cookies at 9am. he has two kids in their early twenties and he had forgotten how much work it is with little one but that the time goes by too fast and that I should enjoy every minute of them being little. He said he could tell that I did enjoy it just by the fact that I was letting them eat cookies in the hot sun as the frosting melted all over the place and I just got out the camera to take pictures of it instead of getting all worked up about their clothes and the car!

Despite the fact that Emily is wearing the same dress in this next picture it is actually 2 days later! Last night we had birthday dinner in Rochester on our way home from Madison. Here are two pictures of Emily and Ben enjoying their 2 hours in Rochester.



We made it home last night at 11:30pm. We would have been home at 11pm but Mommy got pulled over by the cops! Turns out we had a headlight out so the nice police man just told us to get it fixed and sent us on our way. Ben was curious why the man was stopping to talk to us but Emily just continued to sleep while the nice man checked his files to see if Mommy had any warrants out for her arrest!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen, really enjoying the blog! When is Mikey's wedding again? Let me know if I should block out anytime around then!