Saturday, September 26, 2009

Baby Newa




After an entire week of dry pull ups Emily got to go to the American Girl Store at the MOA. There she picked out a new baby. Emily does not feel the need to name her babies despite my best efforts to help her name her babies. She kept calling this baby "New Baby" and she eventually turned it into "Baby Newa" and it stuck. Baby Newa goes just about everywhere with us now. You will note that Baby Newa always wears her pajamas which is a step up from her other babies which are usually naked. In addition to not wanting them named she also doesn't want them to wear clothes.

Emily has also taken to a new game where she will walk up to me lift my shirt and point to my belly and say, "Baby in there." You will note she doesn't phrase it as a question more of a statement. Thankfully there is not a baby in there and better yet just her saying so will never make it be! Both of my sister in laws on the Noltner side are pregnant and thus she has learned about where babies come from. I think she would very much like for me to have a baby until she would realize that would make her not the baby any more and then she would quickly be singing a different tune. So now when she says "Baby in there" I just respond with "Be careful what you wish for, Baby".

No comments: