Saturday, September 27, 2008

A weekend in Duluth - Part II The Arcade

Saturday morning we had breakfast with Grandma and Grandpa Dockerty, while we waited for our table we took a walk on the bridge to see Lake Superior. We were lucky enough to see a train go right under us! In this picture you can see the train tracks behind Ben. We had breakfast at Perkins which is not someplace I go very often. Never in my life have I seen sprinkle pancakes! Ben thought that was great! I've seen chocolate chip and mickey mouse pancakes but never sprinkle pancakes.
Oh, he also had sprinkle bacon which I think is a bit weird. A hotel waterpark isn't complete without an Arcade is it?
Ben and Em had a great time collecting tickets.


Playing air hockey with Grandpa Dockerty.

The microphones they each picked out with their tickets. I'm not even going to talk about the annoying toys they offer at these places! I can't really complain this time because the microphones are actually way better than most of the junk we usually end up with.

We took this trip to Duluth to attend Mike's cousin, Adam Wheeler, football game. Adam plays for University Minnesota Duluth. It is a perfect day for a football game. I'm able to publish these blog posts now as Emily is napping while everyone else is at the game. Many of Mike's Aunts, Uncles and Cousins are all here too. We will be getting together with them tonight after the game. But first we are going to attempt to go swimming in the tiki pool one more time.

No comments: