Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Last Day at US BioEnergy

So today is the last day, the real last day of US BioEnergy. With the "merger" effective last April first (no joke there), and the slow trickle of employees out the door this summer, the last three standing (Ann, Gabe and myself) are finally done today. Right now as I type this we are throwing things into boxes. cleaning out people's desks. You wouldn't believe the junk people left behind. Moments ago I cleaned up a drawer full of girl scout cookies, half eaten candy bars, half consumed bags of chips and some Halloween pop corn from last year! Other strange things found along the way, Preperation H, shaving cream and razer, a pair of old icky tennis shoes, severance letters, even personal photos. You would think you could remember to take pictures of your own kids with you! Brian, Mark, Sandra and Stephanie
US BioEnergy's CEO Gordon Omen and VeraSun's Chairman of the Board for about 45 days.
The SEC Team featuring the "Best SEC Accountant to ever work for Ann"
Now you guess which one of us that is. Brian or Jen?
The HR Team
The Accounting Team and a few others at our farewell gathering a few months back.
We were apart of something great. I worked for US BioEnergy for 2 years and 5 days. I started here on September 25, 2006 and am done today September 30, 2008. I wouldn't change it for the world. Emily was born the day we filed our very first 10-k (March 30, 2007). To all those that were apart of US Bio at that time she will forever be the 10-K baby! I had the opportunity to work with a lot of great people. There is something special about everyone being new and excited about a new company. Taking a company public was a fun and challenging experience. I had a wonderful boss and am going to be really sad not to work with her anymore. Sadly the ethanol industry didn't pan out to be all that we hoped for but we took a leap and we tried we were on our way to having a great company.
Mostly I will miss the people and the great commute too! So farewell US BioEnergy!
I will never forget you! How can I when I have more junk with the US Bio Logo on it than I know what to do with? You would not believe the things we had made with the US Bio Logo on it. I have about 500 US Bio pens alone! Not to mention the US Bio microwave popcorn, and the US Bio Shovel and the US Bio ice scraper and the US Bio hard hat, and the pink US Bio messenger bag, and the US Bio window stickers, I could go on and on.
Say "Yes" to Ethanol!


No comments: