Saturday, November 22, 2008

Twilight

What could be better than a room full of teenage girls in hungry anticipation of the vampire love story Twilight? How about a room full of smart, beautiful, fun, thirty something Mom's AND the lust hungry teenage girls? I had so much fun last night attending opening night of Twilight with 10 lovely women. You can't beat opening night of a much anticipated movie especially when the audience if full of teenage girls who are infatuated with Edward the sultry vampire and Bella the "everyday" girl who falls in love with him. What girl doesn't want to be Bella? I thought the movie was fantastic as a whole but as with many movies created from books they can't quite capture it all. The opening night atmosphere just couldn't be topped. The screams as the movie started, as Edward made his first appearance, as Jacob make his first appearance, and of course for the first kiss were just priceless. Despite the fact that the ushers asked everyone not to scream, the girls did not disappoint! I will say if you have not read the book I can't imagine you would find the movie even the least bit tolerable. For the Twilight series enthusiasts out there I do not think they were disappointed in the least. I for one was not. And unlike all the teenage girls who had to go home to their slumber parties full of Mountain Dew and Oreas we were able to discuss the movie in a much more refined way over bruchetta and wine. I am very excited that I get to go see the movie again tonight! I know my SIL thinks I'm doing a favor for her going two nights in a row but not so secretly I couldn't be more thrilled to take a second 2 hour look at the beautiful vampires. I don't think you have seen the last of these vampires we still have 3 more books to go!
As for the lovely lady in the bear nightgown. Just know that it is a book club inside joke and we are all trying to figure out how we can possibly top showing up to the yummy vampire movie in the huggable bear nightgown! Grrrrr! (I especially love the photo where it looks like Edward is reaching around Catherine!)

No comments: