Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Wisconsin River Canoe Floatilla - Bachelor/Bachelorette Party













This past weekend Mike and I went on a Canoe/Camping trip with my brother, Mikey and his fiancee, Cassie. I have to admit I am not a camper nor is my husband but we had a fabulous time. I'm a good seven years older than my baby brother so I have not had a lot of exposure to hanging out with him and his friends as I had actually moved away from home before he even graduated from high school. Additionally, there is that whole living off the earth organic farmer thing he has going on that I very much admire but can't quite incorporate into my life. I learn something new from him every time I'm home and I also find a new vegetable that my kids love so maybe someday I'll be totally converted but for now baby steps are good enough!
Despite dire weather predictions we had fantastic weather. A storm did come thru around midnight but thanks to the luxury tent accommodations provided by good friends Brandon Tracy we stayed totally dry. (Brandon was actually on the trip and he was so kind to give Mike and I the better tent, oops sorry Dera I wasn't suppose to tell you that!) After the storms cleared it was beautiful outside. I was awake enjoying the scenery as I could not sleep! I actually consumed quite a few rum and cokes and wasn't able to sleep a wink given all the caffeine I'd had. Guess you shouldn't drink 5 cokes in 8 hours when you really had not had any caffeine for the past 2 years due to being pregnant and nursing a baby!
A few of Cassie's good friends decorated a very special canoe for the bachelor and bachelorette. They also created special outfits for them to wear.












I was particularly impressed with the "Farmers Gone Wild" and "Cassie and Mike's Love Boat" sayings painted on either side of the canoe.











While the girls stood around and talking about how cute each person's swim suit was and how attractive the various farmer tans were the boys got a good game of Frisbee in.



Dera and Brandon








We all enjoyed some great food by campfire. I had no idea you could eat so well camping!









We also played a great game of "Bite the Bag" while sitting around the campfire eating Reeses peanut butter s'mores. My dear husband took the prize for having the best face plant.













It was a great group, thanks to everyone for lending us the canoe, the tent, and the dry bags!

No comments: